Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Insight - Update on Missing Objects happens on every Import

Hi we are importing data out of a mysql db to Insight. If the record is missing we make an update of a DateTime Field ("Deleted") and add the current date in this field. Now, since this record doesn't come back in the mysql db, there is every hour an update of the field made. Is there a way to have the update of removed object only done once? 

Missing objects
Update
Attribute to edit
Deleted
New value of attribute to edit
now()

PS: tried to update it with a fixed value (2021-01-01), instead of now() which could be used as a workaround but even then every hour comes an entry in the history:
Changed the `Deleted` to `Fri, 1 Jan 2021 00:00:00 +0100` (was `Fri, 1 Jan 2021 00:00:00 +0100`)

This makes the logs quite unreadable - hope there is a solution for the issue. Thank you for your support!

1 answer

1 vote

I am sorry, I think we need some more information.  How are you doing this "update of a field"?

You have said "Cloud" when you raised the question, but it sounds like you are writing to the database directly (which you can't do on Cloud), so I can't work out the update method.

Hi @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ Happy new year and sorry for my late reply. We arer using Jira and Insight in the DataCenter version (as far as i am aware of). 

About writing to the database directly - we are using the Importer that Insight offers in the UI: Insight -> Object Schema -> Configure -> Import

(configured as mentioned in the original question)

Hope that helps? Thank you for your hellp and best regards
Rolf

You didn't mention the importer in your question.

The way to fix this is to put the right data on the updates into the file you are importing.  Insight is working off the data you give to it, it's not doing anything wrong here.

Sorry that I missed that.

About putting the right data in the file... They are correct just some records are missing and for this, I would like to use the feature "Missing objects" -> Update. It also updates them correctly. What disturbs me and where I am looking for a solution is that it updates them every time. The Import happens every hour, so it updates the objects every hour, which is confusing and thus, I would like to avoid that...

OK, I am now a little lost.  You want to update the objects every hour at the same time as not updating the objects every hour?

Could you explain more, please?

I want to update only the changes every hour. When an object was removed a day ago (Missing objects) and it is missing now, that's in my perspective not an update and there should no update happen.

Right now, it gets marked as updated with a new timestamp every hour again and again. 

What I mentioned in the original post, I would like to avoid these entries in the history (cause there is no change):
Changed the `Deleted` to `Fri, 1 Jan 2021 00:00:00 +0100` (was `Fri, 1 Jan 2021 00:00:00 +0100`)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

771 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you