Insight On Prem vs Cloud

Michele Bazzani June 23, 2022

G'Day fellow Atlassians

My Infrastructure manager just posed a question

"It seems that Insight in the cloud (which we have) is very limited in functionality compared to the Server or Data Center edition.  For example, it allows no integration with external data sources (SCCM for hardware info, Active Directory for user info, etc.) – it only supports manual uploads using CSV or JSON files.  Also, there is no reporting functionality in the cloud version.  My question is this – can you find if it is possible to run Jira Server or Data Center edition on-prem and integrate with the cloud ITSM product?  If not, we can certainly make it work, but it isn’t going to be nearly as efficient as if we had it running on prem"

Any Insights? (pun intended)

Thanks in advance

Michele B

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

I agree to a point that Insight is limited on Cloud, but it is also on a different code base. Once Atlassian Analytics is released you will be able to create reports based on Insight data. You can automate the upload to it via the REST API. We are using an iPaaS solution to automatically bring in data from InTune and JAMF.

No, you cannot use DC to integrate it to Insight in Cloud.

Michele Bazzani June 24, 2022

Thank you Mikael for your input. We are currently using the API and PowerBI to run reporting for Software so I assume we can do the same here.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2022

Yes, that's possible.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events