Insight Link Asset Custom Field not working

Gavin.Taylor January 7, 2022

When Insight was installed it created Custom Fields for our Service management Project(s).

(both team managed and company managed projects are exhibiting the same issue)

This shows up as a field in the issue, which has a nice little blue "+ Link Asset" When selecting this is searches for assets but sees none. 

Annotation 2022-01-07 104142.png

How is this custom field, or Insight Schema/object configured so that assets can be linked to service tickets?

I can (and have) created a new custom field which works as expected. 

But I am wanting to use the custom field automatically created by Insight

thanks

gavin

2 answers

4 votes
Gavin.Taylor January 7, 2022

Joseph

thank you for your prompt reply,

The 2 projects were created using:

• IT Service Management and
  • IT Service management (Essentials)

The custom field appeared after Insight Installation 

"This custom field is created programmatically..."

following documentation references this field, and it was not created by any other admin. 

Link an asset to an issue | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support

I followed your linked article above, BUT I don't see as an option from Jira Admin page

strange

We have insight Asset management Cloud installed, 

I can't think why: because Insight is installed, but as a Site Admin I don't see it nor can administer it 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

@Gavin.Taylor -

Please stay tuned, I have submitted a formal support case with Atlassian on why we are not seeing what you have in our CLOUD env (Premium).

Best, Joseph

Like Gavin.Taylor likes this
Gavin.Taylor January 25, 2022

any insight (pun not intended)?

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

@Gavin.Taylor -

Welcome to the community.  Can you tell us what project template that you used to create your projects?  Based on my experience, custom fields sourcing from Insight schema objects have to be manually created.  I am not aware of auto created field by default.

I would recommend you to see if someone else (Jira Admins) created the custom field that you may not be aware of by checking the Issues>> Custom fields context definition configuration.  If this was the case, then you will need to ensure that agents have permission against the referenced Insight schema.

Here is a link on Insight Integration with JSM/Jira regarding to Asset Type configuration

https://confluence.atlassian.com/insightapps/integrating-insight-with-jira-1085188382.html

Looking forward to your response.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS