Insight Inventory visibible only for linked User within the Object.

Sebastian Leitner September 21, 2022

Hi all,

is it possible to see Objects in Insight, that are linked to me as user, but without permission to see every object.

What I mean is, if there is a way, maybe with an additional Plugin to see which Objects are linked to my user, but without having the permission to see every Object within the Objectsceme. 
If I have the Role "Object Scheme Users" i can see Objects of this sceme in my profile, but then I can go into this Object Scheme and see all other Object linked to my collegues. But I don't want to. 

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Sebastian

1 answer

0 votes
Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2022

Hi!

Insight has as of this day not yet implemented object level view permissions so I think this will be hard to achieve.

In Insight you need to have view access to the schema, then there is also an opportunity to se view access on the object type. (the latter is by default not set). 

I am assuming that you have found objects connected to you via the profile > Insight User Information? Thats an easy filtered view for the end user to be referred to.

br

/L

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events