cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight External Import and user attribute

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

Anyone using the new External Import in JSM Insight and are importing user attributes? What should the schema and mapping document look like? The API documentation is not very clear on that part.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2022

Hello @Mikael Sandberg,

Thank you for your question!

I’m afraid to say that the User Type attribute is currently not supported on external import.

For more details, please check the feature request ticket below:

For now, user attributes can be imported via .csv using their account id.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

Thanks Angélica! Unfortunately this also prevent you from importing updates if the object has a reference to a user type attribute, even if you are not importing that attribute.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Muhammet Ayal
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2022

I just raise a question about this topic. Do you have any progress, Mikael? I think Atlassian or someone shoul make a video :) 

My question is   https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Import-data-from-an-external-app-into-Insight/qaq-p/1937737 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2022

@Muhammet Ayal I have workflows in tray.io that are ready to go as soon as there is a way to import objects that reference a user type attribute. Latest I heard was that the priority to get this working has been bumped up, so there should hopefully be a solution available for it soon.

Like Muhammet Ayal likes this
Muhammet Ayal
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2022
Like Lori Guymon likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events