Insight Drop down list of attributes

Dan Olson July 13, 2021

I am using Insight in JSM to hold information about all our applications.  Attributes such as Software title, business owner, approver, vendor, etc.  

I also would like to have a list of available roles the software has (administrator, general user, power user, etc.)

Then in Request type, I want to be able have a requestor select a software title and then be presented with the available roles for that object.

Example:

User selects ApplicationX, then is presented with a list of available roles that application must choose from.  (From there, I will populate an approval field, but that's out of scope of this question.)

I can do it using basic cascading custom fields native to JSM, but I want to do it using Insight because there is other relevant information that I need to reference (like approver!)

I can successfully search Insight for the software title, but I don't know how to then surface the related attributes.

Any idea how to go about this?  (Or even better, is there a support channel I can reference as opposed to just asking the community?)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Olson July 19, 2021

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin