Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight Asset Management licenses for Jira Server or Jira Service Desk

Andrea Hakim November 2, 2020

When purchasing licenses for Insight Asset Management, there are two options:  one for Jira Server and one for Jira Service Desk.  What are the differences between these two products? (besides price!)insight.JPG

3 answers

0 votes
Heather Rommel [HyperVelocity] June 27, 2021

Jira Software (Server) is a different licensing than for Jira Service Desk (recently renamed to JSM). That said, you need Jira Software licenses to operate Jira Service Desk. 

Jira Service Desk licensing is specifically for the Agents that will work tickets/be assigned tickets on the Jira Service Desk tickets.  

So you'll need both....

0 votes
Tommy Nordahl
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2020

Hi Andrea,

For Jira, you must purchase the app license that matches the highest Jira application tier. For example, if you have a 2000-User Jira Software license, and a 100-Agent Jira Service Desk license, your Jira apps must be at the 2000-User level. 

More info here: https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/marketplace#licensing-purchasing

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2020

Hi Andrea,

My guess is the higher license count, but you will want to check with Insight support before moving forward. Cheers!

Andrea Hakim November 2, 2020

The license counts are different since one is for Jira Server and one is for Jira Service Desk.

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2020

Hi Andrea,

I understand and took that into consideration when replying. It's the reason I used the word "higher" when speaking about license count. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events