Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight Asset Expiration Automation in JSM Cloud

t_s_llc May 6, 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to create a ticket when an asset or license is about to expire in my Insight Object Schema. It sounds like Insight Automation has been moved from the Insight page to the Jira Automation page, so a lot of the guides out there from over a year ago are outdated.

So anyway, I go to Project Automation to create an IQL condition, but it says you can only create ticket field-based IQL conditions in a Project Automation. So then I go to the System Automation page, create an automation, select IQL condition, and it still says I can't create a query. Am I missing a step? Maybe my trigger needs to be different?

InsightAutomation_ScreenShot-20210506 084930.jpgInsightAutomation_ScreenShot-20210506 084826.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Gary Thonert January 11, 2023

Hi i just want to push this topic, as im looking for almost the same within JSM Cloud.

We´ve an ObjectType "Licenses" w/ an Date/Time attribute and just want to output the object in an Jira issue via custom field once the expiration date is 4 weeks in the future.

We managed to create the issue with the startOfday(28d) trigger properly but it doesnt output the object.

Any solutions or helpful information on that?

Thx

Gary

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events