Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial email response shows a different email alias

Jacob Carnall October 13, 2020

Hi Jira Community! 

I’m slowly getting more familiar around the Cloud Helpdesk - which is great. There’s still lots to learn. 

I’ve got email requests setup so that clients can email the Helpdesk to raise a new issue. However, the initial email address the client receives to say that the request has been received shows as Helpdesk <help@xxx.atlassian.net>.

This doesn’t identify my Helpdesk from others that they may be working with, so what I want to show is Custom Name <help@xxx.atlassian.net>.

The weird thing is, when I add a comment on an issue, the email notification that gets distributed already shows as Custom Name <help@xxx.atlassian.net>, so I’m not sure where else I need to change it so the initial email response also says the same thing?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2020

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On a Service Desk project, there are two options to change the project name. 

The name that appears on Project settings > Details is the name that administrators and agents will see internally. Changing this name won't change the project's name in the customer portal or on notifications.

What customers see is the name set on Project settings > Portal settings (Classic) or Service Desk settings > Channels > Customer portal (Next-gen). 

Also, this is the name that will show on the customer notifications for "Issue Created". 

Regarding other notifications, it will show the name of the agent that added the comment or made the change on the ticket. Currently, it's not possible to change that. There is a feature suggesting this improvement:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events