Information on Customer Form is not appearing in Agent view

Dean Stearn January 31, 2021

Hi all, I have configured a request type that asks quite a lot of questions of the customer, so there are quite a few custom fields on the form.

When the customer fills in the form, they provide the information in the format as defined by the custom field (ie drop down value, free text etc.) This works fine and the customer can submit the request.

When the agent then views the ticket from the agent view, all the fields display no values. If they click on the link 'View Request in Portal', they can see the form and all the information.

Does anybody know why the agent view is not displaying the information the customer provided?

Thanks

Dean 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2021

Weird ... either 

• the agent isn’t looking at same fields. Maybe duplicate?
  • bug -> Atlassian Support
Dean Stearn January 31, 2021

Thanks Jack, definitely weird....cannot see why its suddenly starting to happen...

I have older report requests logged from a couple of months ago and they are showing information.

I'll see what Atlassian Support say.

Thanks

Jenny Severin January 5, 2023

@Dean Stearn What did Atlassian's support say about this issue?  The same thing is happening to me. Did you get a solution? 

Dean Stearn January 6, 2023

@Jenny Severin The issue was resolved, but not by Atlassian. The problem for me stemmed from a third-party add-on we were using called 'Extension for Service Desk' from Deviniti.

A recent update by Atlassian at the time caused add-on functionality not to work correctly resulting in information not flowing through to the agent view.

Deviniti worked with Atlassian, and an update by Deviniti resolved my problem.

Hope this helps.

regards

Dean

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders