Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming email body is getting {noformat} elements added

Denny Ransom January 7, 2021

We have a mainframe system that is generating an email for JSD to consume. There is no formatting added in the process on the mainframe side, but when Jira creates the Issue and copies the body of the email to the description it is adding {noformat} elements that are causing problems with the way the information is displayed.

I suspect that the email server may be converting the body to html but I don't see why that would cause Jira to add the {noformat} elements.

In our first round of tests each line was getting the tags so each line displayed as an individual code block. Not pretty, but readable.

Then in our second round of testing the entire body was getting put in a single pair of tags so it displayed as a single code block. This would be fine except that all of the line returns got ignored and the body is just a run-on string, which is unacceptable for reading.

Nobody is aware of any changes that were made between these two rounds of testing so I'm looking for a way to try and either control the tags or suppress them altogether.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events