Including external service provider as an agent

David Peetzen July 20, 2021

Hello all togheter,

in the closer future we like to include 2 different external service provider into our service management system from jira. 

Whats the best way to add them. They only should see tickets, how we assigned to them.

thanks for advice

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

Hey @David Peetzen ,

I believe the easiest would be to

1. add them as agents on your project
  2. use issue security levels to allow them to only see what they are allowed to see

for 2. you would set a default level on all issues and a specific level for the issues assigned to them. For these external agents they won't even know the other issues exist.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

You could also set up different projects for them and link issues but that would require automation and syncing which would imho just be unnecessary overhead.

@Dirk Ronsmansthat's what I thought, but i am still too inexperienced and want to use your knowledge ;-) Thanks for your advice. 

before i start, is there any step by step guide? i dont want to missconfig our new solution ;-) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events