Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including 3rd party support emails into customer generated tickets

Matthew Pears January 14, 2022

All - 

Often, when a customer submits a ticket, our support team must engage our partners to help resolve the customers problem. 

We'd like a way to include our partners support email as part of the request that the customer opened. So, this would would provide visibility to all parties as the problem is being worked in our support project. 

Would I just need to add our support partners email to the "participants" field. By doing so, when our partners support resource responds, all parties on the ticket would be notified via email that someone responded? 

My concern is that our partners also use other service management tools, they don't all necessarily use Jira Service management. 

Any additional information would be helpful here. 

Cheers!

2 answers

2 votes
Krzysztof Bogdan January 14, 2022
Matthew Pears January 14, 2022

@Krzysztof Bogdan - thanks for your response. Although, I don't think this is what I am looking for. 

In Jira Service Management, I've configured it to send emails from the issue to the customer already. The customer then responds to the jira automated support email containing our message, which then is viable by our agents in the comments section of the issue. 

Our problem is that sometimes we have to loop in our partners support teams using their support@ emails. to keep our agents, customers, and partners in the same ticket, I am trying to understand the best way to accomplish this. 

Krzysztof Bogdan January 15, 2022

@Matthew Pears 
In this case if I understand correctly - you could generate unique share link to issue (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220441/external-share-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview) and send to support@

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

Hi @Matthew Pears

Your support partners can be added as participants. Follow this kb article that explains how it would work:  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-request-participants/

Regards 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events