Incident description not seen in portal

Kerli Loopman September 9, 2020

I have several issue types - for example service requests and incidents. If customer reports an issue via portal, it is in some cases SR and some cases incident.

Problem is that reporter sees in portal only the description him/herself added if request is service request but if it is incident they only see summary in portal. What is the problem there? I as an agent see the description in jira no matter if it is service request or incident. What permissions or settings i should check?

1 answer

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2020

@Kerli Loopman check your Request types fields.

This request form is linked to the following issue type:

What ever fields will be used below in visible fields 

the same will be displayed on customer portal.

Do you mean I should go to "Project settings" - "Request types" and then check visible fields? There is a problem. In default every request is service request and fields are visible but I have an automation that changes the issue type from service request to incident if component matches. This is what is causing them to not see incident description but where or how can i make it visible for them?

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2020

What is the automation settings can you please share?

When: Issue created (Rule is run when issue is created.

If: Component contains any of "aaa", "bbb"

Then: Edit issue fields

Issue type - incident, Priority - high

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2020

What is the name of automation?

Transition on customer comment?

There is two ways to do automation in Jira SD. First is "Project settings" - "Automation", the second one is same place when you scroll down "Project settings" - "Project Automation" which is where I made my automation. There you set your own name for automation so this name would not help to solve my issue.

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2020

Hear i would recommend before coming to any conclusion, can you roll back the automation and then do a small test to find out the cause.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events