In HR canned onboarding manager field is blank for customers.

jpittman August 26, 2020

The manager drop down had options for myself (an admin) but not for the 5 customer accounts we are testing with. Web search and poking around I can not find any settings the fix this.

MicrosoftTeams-image (6).png

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2020

Hello @jpittman

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When using Service Desk, customers have different permissions and the project administrator can allow them to find people only on an organization, by adding their email address or searching anyone in the project.

If you are using a next-gen project, go to Project settings > Channels > Customer permissions > Who can customers share requests with? > Any customer or organization, by searching this project. This option allows them to search all customers in the current project > Save.

For classic projects, you can find this setting on Project settings > Customer permissions.

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 13.47.48.png

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2020

@jpittman - go to your project's settings, then to "Customer permissions".

Check the setting for "Who can customers share requests with?" - be sure to update it to "Any customer or organization, by searching in this project".

Hope this helps!

(If this helps, be sure to mark my answer as a solution!)

jpittman September 8, 2020

Thanks, that worked

Like Dave Liao likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders