If reporter is approver skip approval and transition issue

Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2023

I have the following workflow setup:
Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 19.02.00.png

As you can see, I am setting a condition to check if the reporter is a customer and the request type is one of the ones listed. Now, if the reporter is the approver  I want to skip the approval and transition to the status as shown in the print screen but it is not transitioning to that status.

Am I missing something?

Regards
Howard

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

If the request is on a status that requires an approval you cannot use the transition issue component, instead use the Approve/Decline action to bypass the approval.

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 10.49.08 AM.png

Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2023

This is starting to ring a bell. Where in my automation wold you add this action component?  I am asking because, I am setting the approver during the IF component. So if those conditions are met, I am adding the approval, so the action to approve/decline request should be after the IF component. Any suggestions?

Thanks again @Mikael Sandberg 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2023

Replace the transition in the if/else component if the approvers - customer = reporter with the Approve/Decline request action.

Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2023

This solved my issue @Mikael Sandberg thank you!

0 votes
Vamsi Kandala
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2023

Hi @Howard Nedd

Is it giving any error?  Note that there has to be a valid transition path from the current status of the ticket to 'With CMS - First Line'.

And also, ensure that the checkbox 'Bypass workflow conditions and permissions' is checked.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Vamsi

Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2023

Hi @Vamsi Kandala ,

Thank you. Where do I see that checkbox?

Regards

Howard

Vamsi Kandala
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2023

Hi @Howard Nedd

Sorry, I did not notice that this is for Cloud instance and this option is not available.  It is available for Server/ Data Center instances only.

Thanks,
Vamsi

Like Howard Nedd likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events