Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify tickets from Countries (JSM)

Mika Bachar January 5, 2023

Hey! We are using One login Provisioning and I created a rule that identifies the country of the employee from one login and adds it to the relevant country group on Jira- so right now I have 3 groups for 3 separate countries.

I want somehow that my service desk will recognize if the user that created a ticket is from the group "United States" for example, and count the ticket as opened by a US employee.

can you please advise how exactly can make it work?

thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2023

Hi @Mika Bachar 

This should be possible. 

I assume the Groups are normal User Groups in the Jira directory?

Where should the location of the user be captured? If you haven't got a location yet - I'd recommend creating a custom field, for example a Group Picker, or a Select List.

---

The rule would look something like this:

• Trigger: Issue Created
  • Condition: If/Else Block
    • If...
      • Condition: User Condition
        • User = User who triggered the event
        • Check to perform = is in group
        • Criteria = <Group 1 Here>
      • Action: <Action Here> - for example, Edit Issue - set field value
    • Else If...
        • Criteria = <Group 2 Here>
    • Else If...
        • Criteria = <Group 3 Here>
    • Else...
      • Condition/Action if the Group is none of the 3 Groups

---

A few notes on this rule...

• You can extend the If/Else condition as much as needed depending on how many Groups you have
  • You don't have to have the final "Else" condition - but I'd recommend having it as a last resort when no Group can be located. For example, it could send you an email to notify you of the need for a Group for a specific user?

---

Let us know if this works for you!

Ste

0 votes
Eduardo Oliveira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 5, 2023

Hello @Mika Bachar - nice to meet you 👋🏻

If you’re open to use a third-party app I would like to recommend a powerful and cost-effective solution - Mindpro Sync - User Attributes from OKTA, Azure & OneLogin

This app allows you to integrate with identity providers like Okta, Azure AD, and OneLogin to display user attributes (such as Reporter Country and Location) inside Jira and JSM issues (and Portal) and use these attributes data to create JQL queries, filters, dashboards, create JSM queues, use in advanced automations, and more.

Sync - Attributes.png

Sync - Filter by attributes (Highlights).png

Sync - Queue by attributes (Highlight).png

Additionally you can:

• You can choose to display data for the issue Reporter, Assignee or any other User field
  • Select and map the user attributes to be displayed in Jira issues or JSM requests
  • Show user hierarchy in issue panel and JSM requests to facilitate escalation and approvals
  • Automatically assign approvers based on user hierarchy or via workflow post function.
  • And more!

This app has a 30-day free trial version with full support and onboarding assistance included. If you want, we'd love to offer you a live demo where you can talk about your specific needs.

Hope it helps,
Eduardo, from Mindpro team

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events