Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSM Category Left Panel queue "number"

Rosa M Fossi December 15, 2020

Hello Community,

I'm testing / playing with the new ITSM project, and I'm curious whether anyone is able to get anything other than the "Incidents" queue to show a number on the left-hand panel (see below)

ITSM-incident-number-left-side.png

So that number 3 above is the number of active Incidents in my OpsGenie. 

I created a couple of "Problem" Ticket Category type issues, but there's no number listed there.   Is this by design?   I made sure that I created it using the category type, and not "issuetype".   

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

The numbers represent the issue Jira type and not the category type. For example, if you create a service request or problem type, you should see the count increase.

Rosa M Fossi December 18, 2020

Thanks for the response Benjamin.   I don't think that is accurate.  I've created two test "Problem" tickets (submitted via the "Create" button on top of the browser, and selected "Report a problem") and no number appears. 

problem-screenshot.png

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Hi Rosa,

I thought that may have been the reason but indeed...it was inaccurate. After testing it, I do get the same result as you. 

Now, I see what the number is actually corresponding to. Unlike the other 3 category types, the incident category type is connected to an OPSgenie. If you create a ticket incident, problem, changes , and service request....you will notice there is no number that shows up. The number only shows up when you raise a major incident to opsGenie through your incident ticket. Therefore, only the incident category will have a count because it's tied to the incidents link to OPSgenie.

-Ben

Rosa M Fossi December 21, 2020

@Benjamin   Thanks for testing alongside me  :) 

And yes, now that you point it out, I see that the numbers are linked to OpsGenie instead.  Not exactly intuitive... I'll send some feedback with my thoughts to Atlassian. 

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2020

No problem. There's seems to be always something new popping up on cloud JSM. I agree with the UI not being intuitive. I had the similar thoughts as you that the count would be active tickets. 

Have fun exploring with the rest of the features!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events