Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISSUE: This form contains a hidden field that does not have a valid default value configured

Steve Martinez July 21, 2021

Hello,

We have a very simple form used for our onboarding/termination process. This form was working fine until a few days ago and now we are receiving the following error when trying to send/submit the form.

We've checked the form under Request Types and there are no hidden fields assigned.

Has anyone run into this issue? Can anyone offer any ideas?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 vote
Cameron Taylor November 16, 2021

I know this is an old thread but it came up during my search trying to figure out what was wrong in 2021.

For anyone that is running into this issue you may try seeing if it has anything to do with your Sprints. I have a lot of different classic projects and service desk projects that I manage and I just ran into this error for the first time. 

For me, I had to check the Network tab and find the 400 error since we are on Jira Cloud and I don't have a log to look at. Once I did I was able to preview the error and it was talking about an error with the Sprint. I knew the Sprint existed as other projects have used it plenty of times. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 7.00.48 PM.png

However, after testing this a bit more it was due to not ever having used that specific Sprint within that Support portal. So I went to the backlog where I knew the sprint was and added a single ticket from that project to that Sprint temporarily and then moved it back to its original Sprint which resolved the issue.

Hopefully, this helps someone.

Alexa June 13, 2023

Thank you! This is what led me to finding the root cause for the issue we're experiencing. This Preview tab showed a custom field throwing an error for an invalid date field value. It turns out that for us, since we have users in the EU submitting forms in other languages, it was reversing the day and month in the form submission and therefore considering the field value invalid.

Again, thank you so much for posting this helpful troubleshooting technique! It was extremely helpful for us!

0 votes
Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2021

@Steve Martinez  Check if you are using dynamic forms which is an extension to Jira servicedesk, We ran into this issue once where one of our mandatory fields was set as a dynamic field value and was not appearing on form even if we put it in Request types,

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2021

Hi @Steve Martinez ,

I am assuming the error is in the title of this post. Usually, the error leads to the hidden fields that is auto-assigning a conflicting value.

I would try to recreate the form the same way and see if you have any issues with the new form. If not, just delete the one previous and use the new one. If you still have issues, then there be some change in the core project configuration other then the request types.

Help this helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events