Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INCOMING CUSTOMER EMAIL REQUESTS

Lee Marshment February 4, 2021

Hi, would you be able to advise me of the best way to set up my Jira Service Project so that incoming customer emails automatically go into either - Incident, Problem, Service Request or Change queues please?

Currently they sit in the All open tickets queue - I can move them manually through to other queues but wondered if there was a clever way to do this please.

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

@Lee Marshment 

Welcome to the community.  

I would suggest implementing the portal and moving away from email.  If you push the portal with your customers you will be able to setup different request types, collect additional information needed to resolve the request and better route requests.  There is really no way to automate or route an email based on an email that comes in unless you use specific key words in the summary, etc.  The way to go is using the portal.  

Lee Marshment February 5, 2021

Hi Brant, Thank you. Yes, we are trying to look into this and understand it now. Would you be free to jump on a call sometime please? Thank you for help.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2021

@Lee Marshment 

This is community support and community members to not work for Atlassian, we are just here to help others. If you would like to have a call with someone then you will need to submit a support ticket here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

If you have other questions please feel free to post them and we can help answer them.

Hi Brant, No worries, thank you for getting back to me, I appreciate your help!

0 votes
Velizar Borisov
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

Hi Lee,

Email created requests have only Summary and Description fields filled, which represent the email's subject and body respectively.  How do you determine which email is for incident, problem, service request or change request queue? 

Lee Marshment February 4, 2021

Hi, thank you for getting back to me so quickly. At present we read through the emails, make a decision and then manually move them. I was just wondering if I asked the customer to type incident, problem, service request or change request in the title of the email it would help Jira and place it in queue for me. Thank you for you help. 

Velizar Borisov
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

It is possible to achieve that just by editing the filters of your queues. For example, in your queue where you have the criteria of [ "Customer Request Type" = Incident] , just extend it to : ["Customer Request Type"= Incident OR "Summary" ~ 'Incident ']. This will help you to catch emails with the word "incident" in the subject.

However this approach requires some additional training for your customers to include key words in their emails and may not be the best around. 

I would recommend sticking to the portal like Brant said, because it is easier to route the requests and the amount of mistaken user requests will be definitely decreased.

Hi Velizar, Great! Thank you for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events