I would like to create a disable rule for ticketing system during certain hours for a single person.

Michael Martin July 28, 2021

chrome_SwKcF3SqSw.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2021

Hi Michael,

If I understand correctly, you are trying to use automation to change the status of issues assigned to this specific user during certain hours.  I suspect that given the error message in your screenshot, those other three issues were not actually assigned to that user.  This could generate this kind of warning message since those issues are not matching the condition.

Instead of setting up this automation rule this way, you might want to try to remove the condition check from this rule.  And instead change the Scheduled JQL from

status = assigned

to

status = assigned and Assignee = "John Doe"

This way the automation trigger (schedule) will only check for issues in that status and assigned to that user.  Whereas with your current rule, the schedule will always return all issues in that status (even ones not currently assigned to that specific user).

Try that and let me know if that helps.

Andy

Michael Martin July 29, 2021

No, I have schedules set up to round robin the HD team based on times they come in and lunch schedule. I wanted the ability to create an "out of office" rule that would reassign tickets to the round robin. The problem I was having is the the way our workflow is set up tickets would end up sitting unassigned because the status = assigned and the assignee = unassigned.

I have now downloaded the Out-Of-Office Assistant which has solved the problem but would still like to figure out if its possible to do so with a rule instead of a Paid Monthly App.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events