I wan to modify ticket id on basis of portfolio defined at JSM

SOWRABRATA BANERJEE May 24, 2022

Hello Team

I want to see the ticket id prefixed with portfolio defined in JSM like for Change Management it should start with CHM_<Ticket id>, for Incident Management it should be like INM_<Ticket id>. Currently it is taking prefix as Project ID like test_<Ticket ID>.

Please help me to solve it and also let me know if the back end logic can be changed in somewhere licensed / upgraded version?

Br,

Sowrabrata

sowrabrata.banerjee@gmail.com

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It sounds like you've moved from a legacy system that works in a very silo'd way over to Jira.

I'm glad to say that Jira doesn't inflict poor naming conventions like that on you.  The issue key is unique and tells you nothing more than the project the issue is in.

You can implement your scheme if you want, but to do it, you will need to have separate projects - one per issue type you want to name.  (So project CHM for changes, project INM for incidents, and so-on)

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

@SOWRABRATA BANERJEE -

Welcome to the community.  Unfortunately, this cannot be done as related to issue key prefix.  The issue key prefix is generated at the project level and not at the request type level.

There can only be one issue key prefix (project id) defined for a given project at any time.  I would recommend you to utilize custom fields or Components/Labels fields to tag your issues with the values (i.e. CHM, INM).

Once the issues are tagged, then you can conduct searches using the fields for your breakdown if you are not going to use the out of the box queues.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events