Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with automating a reminder email based on custom field.

Mike August 22, 2022

I created a custom field called "Reminder". I want to use this field to trigger an automation to send an email when the reminder time is reached. The custom field ID is listed below in the condition that isn't working correctly. The confusing part is I use an almost identical comparison for my Planned Start date/time in another automation, the only difference is I use the field name instead of the ID. I've tried it with both and neither works. I actually cloned the working automation and tweaked the new one for the new field but no luck.

Advanced compare condition

{{now.isAfter(issue.customfield_10285)}}

equals

true

For reference, this is what I used for the working automation:

{{now.isAfter(issue.Planned Start)}}

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Mike August 23, 2022

Jack and Joseph,

Thank you both for helping with this. Atlassian Support got back to me and found the issue. When I copied the rule over, I had a JQL query in the Schedule component that was interfering with the rule as it was an out-of-scope query. I corrected this and the reminder sends properly now.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

@Mike -

If our assistance helped.  Please also click on "Accept answer" to our responses.

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

@Mike -

In addition to @Jack Brickey question, what is your custom field's data type?  Please advise.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Mike August 22, 2022

Is this what you are asking for?AUTO2.PNG

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2022

What does the log show when the rule is triggered?,

Mike August 22, 2022

AUTO1.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2022

Can you use the issue field condition as below?

A174F99C-11A7-4DFB-A8F4-AE8C02E45005.jpeg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events