Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting two different "create issue" screens.

Chris Rescigno July 17, 2014

I have a different create issue screen depending on where I am when I click "create issue". I have set up screens for different issue types. I want to prompt the user to pick the issue type and project before any other fields pop up. If I click "create issue" from the admin pages, it is set up they way it is intended. If I click it from the dashboard, the project field and the issue type field show up but with some fields below (I don't know where these fields came from, I can't find a screen that is set up like this screen). I have tried changing some "create issue" transitions and building another separate create issue screen and replaced the default screen with it. Nothing seems to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2014

There's no screenshot I'm afraid - could you list (copy and paste the text) the fields or describe them to us?

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2014

That's the way JIRA is now. Coming from the admin side, you'll only be shown the Project and Issue Type first. There's nothing wrong with it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events