Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Configuring my Customer Support Portal and would like it to open to a single form

John Briscoe May 16, 2022

Looking for some guidance.  I'm Configuring my Customer Support Portal and would like it to open to a single form.  When my customers browse to my Support Portal, I would like it to open to a single form with a Summary field and a Description field.  It would be very similar to this Atlassian Ask a question page I just filled out.  I can't seem to find the configuration for this.

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

Hey @John Briscoe ,

The way Jira is set up, when you browse to a support portal you'll always first be greeted with a list of possible "Request Types". (if you only have a single project that they have access to, otherwise they would need to first select that project)

You can view those as all your possible question "forms".

You could have a single Request type with just a summary & description but if they simply go to https://yoursite.atlassian.net/servicedesk they will always first land on that list of Request Types.

Also because from that portal they have the possibility to follow up existing issues/requests.

One thing you can do is create such a request type (with just those 2 (or 3 if we want attachments) fields) and send them the direct link. This link is unique to that project and that request type.

(if I misunderstood what you are trying to do, feel free to elaborate!)

Thanks Dirk.  I appreciate the information.  I'll just make sure the primary Request Type is located as the first one and is the obvious choice.  

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

@John Briscoe 

Welcome to the community.  I am assuming you are referring to the initial Portal Landing page for your env.  If that was the case, the initial page will list all the available JSM projects options, where users (your customers can select from).  Once they access the specific project, then they will be presented with the different request types.

If you want to direct your customer to a specific request type form, then your option will be providing them a direct URL link to the specific request form itself.

You cannot alter the main portal landing page to automatically display the specific request type form UI based on my experience.

Main Portal Landing Page -

2022-05-16_8-14-52.png

Project Page -

2022-05-16_8-15-11.png

So, if I give my users the direct URL for Common Requests request type form, then when they access the URL, the actual form will be displayed -  The URL will look something like below -

https://<your site URL>/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/group/6/create/17

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Thanks Joseph,  This is very helpful.  The images you provided make it very clear as to what my options are.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events