I cannot add a new user to Confluence. It says that I need to add an organization.

Brendan Gray July 2, 2021

I am already part of an organization, but it says I need to 'add' or 'claim' one when I try to add new users or do anything. i don't understand what the issue is.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2021

Hello @Brendan Gray,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Checking the details of your site, I can see that there are Jira Service Management, Software, and Confluence.

What may be happening, in this case, is that Jira Service Management already has three licensed users and when inviting a new user, the group that allows access to Jira Service Management is also selected.

When using Cloud free it’s important that, when inviting new users, to select only the product the user needs to have access to, otherwise errors might occur if one of the products doesn’t have available license seats.

I can see that you reached out to our customer advocates, but if you are still facing this issue, please, share a screenshot of the error with us.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events