Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot add a comment to any JIRA Service Desk ticket or see the customer facing IT Support page

Deleted user March 24, 2020

Ever since we upgraded to 4.7.1 for JIRA, we cannot add comments to JIRA Service Desk or see the customer facing IT Support page. Does anyone know how to correct these issues?

3 answers

1 vote
AGuth December 4, 2021

Hi Josh, did you ever solve this problem?

I seem to have the exact same problem only on service desk project even though I have all the permissions.

0 votes
Ashish Bijlwan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2020

Check the Permission Scheme

If you only need to add the comment on any Jira service desk issue then you have to add your self in that Jira Service Desk as a customer 

Deleted user March 25, 2020

I checked the perms scheme and verified I have access to do all functions related to commenting.

Ashish Bijlwan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2020

Hi Josh,

Please go to the Project Permission and check the Comment Permissions, which group, which role has the comment permission to the project.

And if any group or role missing, add your self in that group/role.

Attached screenshot for your reference.Add comment permission.JPG

Deleted user March 30, 2020

Hi Ashish, I've added myself to all roles/groups and still unable to comment.

Ashish Bijlwan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2020

Share the URL

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2020

Josh,

Have you looked at the permission scheme associated with the Service Desk?

Victor

Deleted user March 25, 2020

Yes, I have permissions to add comments as an Admin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events