I assigned a user to jira-administrators group and lost view to the service desk customer portal

Rashmi Belur September 7, 2017

Hi 

I assigned one of the user who was customer with no application access added  to jira-administrators group and lost view to the service desk customer portal to view the previousely opened requests and cannot create  new requests.

What additional steps should I take when I make a person from customer to jira-administor access, so this wont happen.

When user was customer there was no group assigned to the person.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2017

What hyperlink are you using to get to customer portal?

I am using below url 

https://xxxx.yyy.com/servicedesk/customer/portals

and user with jira-administrator access cannot see projects , however all the projects have permission set to Customers who have an account on this JIRA site

MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2017

Do you have user added as customer no Customers page on project?
image.png

I dont have any custoemrs added in the list of customers as our permission is to allow as the jira account holder to be able to create requests. This works fine for all the custoemrs who are not in any groups.

MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2017

I found the way how to fix it...you have to configure Application Access on http://xxxx.yyyy.com/secure/admin/ApplicationAccess.jspa

and add jira-administrators group to JIRA Service Desk

thank you, this resolved the issue

0 votes
Bobby Kingsberry September 30, 2019

That method makes them a service desk team member which requires a license correct ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events