Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not getting the option to add a due date in a issue on my kanban board.

Aryeh Schwob December 7, 2022

How can I have the tab to set a due date appear in my ticket when its being created?

What are the configurations that I need to do in my board settings?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

Hi @Aryeh Schwob welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Since you are talking about a Kanban Board but asked the question in Jira Service Management, there are several answers:

Jira Service Management

If a customer needs to fill out the due date during the creation of a support request in the portal, then you need to add the Due date field to the Request Form.

See: Customize the fields of a request type

Jira Software

If a user needs to fill out the due date during the creation of an issue in a project, then you should add the Due date field to the Create Issue Screen used in the Screen Scheme of the Issue Screen Scheme.

If you need the Due date field to appear on a card of an agile board, then you need to add it via the Card layout of the Board setting, see: Customize cards

Aryeh Schwob December 7, 2022

Thanks for your response. My apologies I was asking in regard to Jira Software.  The Due date option is not appearing in the create issue screen.  I am unable to find in settings how to add the due date field that would make that option visible in the create issue screen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events