Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not able to write work logs with API. While i have checked

sagar kumar August 7, 2020

I am trying to implement work log with their API but it is not giving permission to write work logs in issue. I have checked the permission and confused which permission is need to write work logs with api.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2020

Hello @sagar kumar

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Please, follow the steps below to make sure the user you are authenticating in the REST API has the proper permissions to add work logs and the API call is correctly structured:

1. In the Jira UI, navigate to the project of the issue you are trying to add the worklog > Project settings > Permissions
  2. Ensure the user is added to the "Work on Issues" permission. Optionally, you can use the permission helper to know if the user has the permission for the specific issue
  3. In the REST API call, please make sure you have authenticated following the guide below:
    Authentication and authorization 

Additionally, please ensure you are using the correct API endpoint to add Worklogs to issues:

POST yourdomain.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/worklog 

If you're still facing any errors, please provide us with more details on how you are running your API and what is the error returned to you.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events