Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to wipe/reset data ahead of go live?

James Pickard August 9, 2020

We're planning to 'go live' with Jira SD soon and I wanted to wipe all issues that are currently in the system to start from zero when we flick the switch. 

Is there a way to do this?

cheers

2 answers

0 votes
Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2020

Hi @James Pickard ,

The short answer is that there is no built-in feature to change the increment issue number; You can still delete all test issues but once you switch the project to production the first issue would not be PROJECTKEY-1 but PROJECTKEY-1001 (in case you tested your project with 1000 issue)

I see these options:

I would recommend to reach Atlassian support first, in theory they should be able to help you in this task.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2020

Hi @James Pickard 

Do you mean delete the issues or start sequentially from zero?

The simplest method to do both is just delete then recreate the projects. You can't reset the projects you have to function from "ABC-1" - even if you delete the issues, it'll still start from wherever you were up to at the time, issue number wise.

I would probably do both. It means you start on a clean slate at launch.

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events