How to use placeholders in Insight automation for lists

Willem Vermanderen November 25, 2020

I am looking for a way to use Insight to send a mail to 'owners' of 'Servers' that meet a specific condition ('maintenance window' = xxx) at set time (eg second tuesday of the month)

Something like,

Dear xxx,

The following servers will be patched on {date}

{server1},

{Server2},

{Server 3}

I explored automation, found how to schedule it, but am struggling with the placeholder concept, how do you do this? And how to only send 'Servers' that belong to that specific 'Owner'. Is that doable or should I explore another solution based on the API and write the code somewhere else...

1 answer

0 votes
Hakan Bahadir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2020

Hello,

Automation framework gets the list of Objects according to your Events and Conditions. Each action will be triggered for a different Object. For that reason:

1) You can send a notification mail to the owner of each server meeting the criteria. Then each mail will have one server. The owner will get multiple emails.

2) You can use an automation action to run a groovy script, where you can get the list of servers and owners, then group them and format the mail as you need.

Regards,

Hakan Bahadir

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events