How to use @mention in comments to notify CUSTOMERS not following the request already?

Peo Krook February 17, 2021

It seems to me I cannot use the @-sign in order to find customer names and adress them about a comment in a request they aren't already watchers or participants to.

Is there a setting to accomplish this that I'm missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

Hi @Peo Krook , 

Customers have to be added to the request as Request participant to be @mentionned

Otherwise they cannot see the request so mentions would be useless. 

If the customer has been added to the request, and you still can't @mention them, then 

you could be impacted by this bug I found, and you can watch / vote for that to be picked up. 

Hope this helps! 

• Tessa
Peo Krook February 17, 2021

Thanks @Tessa Tuteleers

Yes, I have indeed run into that bug, only I didn't quite understand the reason for it until now when you explain what happens. Copying @Kave Silverklip for info.

With that bug the @-notification-feature is pretty toothless for issues where you want to ask for a new participants opinion. I have therefor added myself to "Affected customers" on your bug-report. However there was no Voting-button as far as I can see.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events