Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update a list of approvers

Helpdesk IG January 20, 2021

Hello community.

I have an issue, how can I update my list of approvers?
I tried in the Jira Setting > Issues > Custom fields > Approvers > Contexts and default value, but I don't have the options "Edit User Filtering".

My approver list was created by Jira Serice Desk, but some months ago I was able to update this list (and I did it).

I have the Admin role applied.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

It seems you are looking in the right place. Can you share a screenshot of what you see under the contexts screen?

Helpdesk IG January 20, 2021

Hi Jack, thank you for your help.

menuissue.pngIt's stranger because some month ago I updated this list, I remember I went to this options or something like that...

Here a screenshot of my roles:

roles.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

you should simply click "edit default value" this is where you can list one or more users.

Helpdesk IG January 21, 2021

edit.png

Hi, Jack.

I want to update my approver list, I think this field is to set the Default Approver.

I tried some documentation, but I couldn't do that...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2021

well from you earlier screen capture you don't have a list of approvers defined. If you believe in fact you do have a list already then my guess is your image of a approver field that is not the same as the one being used in your workflow. can you check to see if you have more that one 'approvers' field defined? can you check to see if the one you have shared is in fact associated w/ your screen/workflow?

Helpdesk IG January 22, 2021

Hi Jack, thank you for your help.

So, I have a list of approvers, because it's working in my workflow.
I just couldn't found where I update this list...
My request type is separated by group, each group is a company, and each company has a list of approvers.

workflow-approver.pngworkflow.pnglist-approver.pngapprove.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2021

All I can tell you is that the screenshots you have show for Approvers is empty of users. If you create a test issue today is anyone notified of the need for approval? I suspect not. 

Helpdesk IG January 25, 2021

Hi, Jack.
I have an issue type that needs approval and for each company inside my system, I have one list of approvers... so yes, it's working, but I couldn't find and update this list. 

request-type.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events