How to transition two cloned issues/tickets when one's status is changed?

Guillaume St-Jean July 22, 2021

I am working in Jira Service Management and I created an automation that clones my ticket when it's created into a project in Jira Software. I would like to create an new automation that transition the status of my ticket on my HelpDesk when the status is changed in my project. 

Any help in the regard is highly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

Hello @Guillaume St-Jean 

For this scenario, you will need to create a link between the 2 issues. This can be achieved by update the automation rule which we are using to clone the issue.

Clone Issue with Link.JPG

Post this, we need to create an automation rule in the JSM project which would update the status of the linked issue in Software Project.

For this rule, we need to ensure that we select both the projects (Jira Software and JSM) which will be impacts. This can be done on 'Rule Details' tab.

Please refer the below screen shot for details.

Link Issue Update.png

In the example, I have set the conditions on the Issue Transitions as well as defined what should be the status of the issue. These can be customized as per the need.

Options.png

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any other related questions.

Guillaume St-Jean July 23, 2021

Yes! Thank you for your help! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events