How to trace tickets that I create internally for a customer

Christophe Daguin December 20, 2021

Hi,

Our support team has some dedicated actions to perform for customers. These actions are only done by support and the customer do not need to be aware of them.

I was wondering if it's possible to add these tickets in the same project and same organizations as the one used by our customers but with a dedicated flag (internal ticket) so this ticket is only visible by agents and not by the customers ?

If this is not possible, what are the bests practices to handle such a case ?

Thank you very much

C. Daguin  

1 answer

1 vote
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2021

Hey @Christophe Daguin 

If you're using a JSM project, then by default, the user should only have access to issues where they're the reporter, so in this case you could achieve what you wanted by the agents being the reporters, but having an Impacted User user picker custom field where the agent selects the user they're taking the action on.

CCM

Christophe Daguin December 21, 2021

Thank you Craig.

I've tried but it didn't work as expected. If as an agent I create a ticket the customer sees it. Maybe it's due to this parameter : In project settings / Customer permissions / Control how existing customers can find other customers and share requests with them:

I have this option selected :

Customers can search for other customers within their organizations

But for us it's important that anybody within the same organization can see all the tickets created within this organization.

Does that mean that I do not have an "easy" solution for my problem ?

Christophe Daguin December 21, 2021

jira.png

I also find this option in the jira administration menu. Is it related ?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events