Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sort the order of request types in the group in JIRA service desk

nooraknan July 4, 2021

Hi,

May I know how can I sort the order of the created request types in the group for the Portal in the JIRA service desk.

Best Regards

Noor Aknan

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2021

Hi @nooraknan

Try Project Setting > Portal Settings

portal sorting.png

Let me know if that's what you wanted.

Alex

nooraknan July 4, 2021

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. I have created my own request types and groups, I want to display in a certain sequence. But I am not seeing any option.

Best Regards

Noor Aknan

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2021

You can sort it manually. There is no option to sort them e.g. alphabetically.

nooraknan July 4, 2021

It seems which I create first it goes below. There is no option to drag and organize as per my requirement :-)

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 4, 2021

Request types can't be sorted if that's what you wanted all along. However, portal groups can be sorted (follow the initial instructions I gave you).

Question: Why do you need to sort your request types? You can always use the filters or search for a specific request type.

nooraknan July 4, 2021

I have created  my own groups and request types. To make it neat and  easy to understand by the custmer I want to organize it. It seems there is no option.Even I can't drap and drop to reaarrage. It is currently look like as attached. It seems which ever I create at last it appears at the top,

nooraknan July 4, 2021

Capture-1.PNG

Ronald Kratz July 9, 2021

Once you create the group and assign forms to the group, open the group by clicking the dropdown arrow on the row with the group you want to organize:

Image 1.png

Then you will be able to sort them by dragging them into the order you disire.

Image 2.png

I am using the cloud version of Jira

Like # people like this
Hugo Mangin April 1, 2022

Finally THE answer to the question. Thanks, worked just fine for me

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin