Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to share an issue created in Jira to a Customer in the portal?

Sofia Grunspan March 5, 2021

When I'm creating an issue in Jira (Service Management) I need the customer can see it from the portal. I've tried adding the customer as request participant but the customer doesn't see the issue.
How can I make this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2021

you would need to create a linked issue in your JSM back to your JSW issue. You would need to ensure that the Reporter is set to be the Customer AND you need to be sure to set the Customer Request Type. Doing this will present the issue in the portal as if they created. Note, if you want to automate the updates to the JSM issue based upon the JSW updates you would need to consider Automation. Otherwise you could update it manually.

Sofia Grunspan March 5, 2021

There is any way in which I can create a single Issue in Jira (SM) and make it visible in the portal to the customer without Jira SW? Because the Customers here are external so they are not ussing Jira. They just need to be notified about the issues created in Jira and add info thruough the portal.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2021

wait...I think i'm losing my mind here. I thought your post indicated you were creating an issue in JSW and you wanted to make it visible in portal. I need to take a break i guess. :-(

RESET...

So it sounds like you are using the CREATE button to create an issue on behalf of the customer. Assuming I have it right this time here is what you need to do to achieve your goal...

• Ideally you would use the "Raise a request" link in the sidebar. By doing this you will open it just like the customer does and it forces you thru the form. You simply select the Request type and set the "on behalf of" to the customer.
  • If you use the Create you must do BOTH of these things:
    • set the Reporter to the customer
    • set the Customer Request Type field

Doing either of the above will ensure the customer can see the created issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events