Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up account type notification style ?

CHANTEMESSE Léa September 1, 2020

Hi !

I am currently working on the settings of a new generation project in Jira Service Desk. I customised the template of our customer notification (project settings --> notification --> customer notification --> edit template).

In this page, we can read "Templates change the look and style of all the email notifications except those which are account type..". After some test, I can confirm that the only account notification that exist in my project is not customised with my email template (the notification is named "customer invited" : "when a customer is invited to your service desk portal, they are sent an email."). That's sad because this email is the very first one which is received by our customer. And we attach a great deal about our custumer experience.

However, in the same page ("project settings --> notification --> customer notification --> edit template") in the sections below, we can read "hese HTML and CSS styles apply to all request and account type notifications this service desk sends. I confuse. 

Can we change the style of the account type notification or not ? If yes, where is it?

Thank you all fo your answer

BR

2 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2020

Hello @CHANTEMESSE Léa,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The modifications on templates are currently not applied to the "Customer invited" notification.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of such ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive notifications about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

CHANTEMESSE Léa September 15, 2020

Hello Angelica,

Thank you for your answer ! I added my vote on the feature.

BR

Léa

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Nick Nader - Isos Technology
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2020

Hi Lea,

From my understanding you should be able to go to Customer Notification settings in your Project Settings, and hit "Edit" on the "Customer Invited" notification to get a screen like this one below. This will allow you to edit what is sent for that specific notification event.

pasted image 0 (1).png

Hope this helps!

Nick

CHANTEMESSE Léa September 4, 2020

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your answer, it's deeply appreciated ! I saw this functionnality and I changed the message inside the notification.

However, the style of this particuliar e-mail is the Jira's one, not mine. I configured the email template style (see in red in my picture) to send automatic notification with our color, our logos, our email signature, etc.

As you can see in blue (in the picture below), Jira Service Desk has three types of notifications (account, request, custom). My style is working fine for the the request and custom types but not for the account type.

If you have any clue to set up the account notification style , it would be perfect !

BR

Lea

img.JPG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders