Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up a separate email account for a service desk project?

Татьяна November 8, 2020

Good afternoon! I am using jira service desk cloud internally. There was a need to create a separate support project to go "outside". So that users outside the organization can create tasks by mail or in the portal. How to set up incoming and outgoing mail, for one project, so that everything remains as it was, and the new project has its own incoming and outgoing mail? I managed to configure only the inbound and the handler, but the outbound still comes from what is configured in the system as a whole. Help please resolve the issue

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2020

When you create a new JSD project you will automatically receive a different "Atlassian provided" email for incoming tickets. You can, however, use a custom email as well. Just go to the project > Project settings > Email requests and set it up to point to the desired Request type. For outgoing you have a single email for all projects.

Татьяна November 8, 2020

That is, I cannot configure outgoing mailboxes for one project?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2020

no. there is one outgoing for all.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events