How to set reporting time auto reflecting to current time

Jose Chan January 20, 2020

There is rule under automation for us to update edit content then reporting time, but somehow the time box is blank when creating Jira ticket.

Anyway to import current time to it?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Hello Jose,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just for us to better understand and help you with this issue, we need more details about the automation and the fields.

Would it be possible to send us a screenshot of the automation rule?

What is the purpose of the “Reporting time” field? What data does it need to receive?

If you are using Automation, we can see the logs to check what is not executing. Please, go to the Automation’s page and click on View logs for the desired automation rule. On the next page, click on "Show details" to confirm what steps are not executing.

Screenshot 2020-01-21_17-07-49-726.png

Screenshot 2020-01-21_17-08-10-635.png

Regards,
Angélica

Jose Chan January 22, 2020

hi, thank you so much for help.
and yes, i am using the automation, although the log show all status executed, no time showing on report time.
is it possible to have time show up itself when ticket create?
thanks again for your help
2.PNG1.PNG

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

Thank you for the details and screenshots, Jose.

When we use a date/time custom field in automation, it will add a static value that you must select.

If we save an automation with no value in the custom field, it won't add anything, so that's expected.

I see now on the screenshot that you are using Zendesk and the custom field is from the add-on, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to help you with that because I don't know what information should show on the field.

Is it to show the time the issue was created? 

As zendesk is an add-on, I'm not sure if it's necessary an automation to get the values to the ticket. Have you checked the configuration directly in the add-on?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events