Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to set an automatically set Approval field based on Assignee

Edited

I have a ticket that the assigne and approval could be set from a list of users. 

how to make the user in the approval field same as the assignee field? 

here is my screenshot for example.

My expectation will : if assigne was Farah Puti Dahayu, then the Approval IT Security will be Farah Puti Dahayu as well, not Karimah Alkatiri. vice versa.

image.png

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim Community Leader Nov 10, 2021

Hi @Karimah Alkatiri

You can use jira automation where anytime the assignee is modified the approver is overwritten.

Here are some instructions: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/automation-triggers/

Trigger - issue assigned

Action - copy assignee user Id to the it approver customfield.  You will need to use a smart value to capture the username: {{issue.assignee}}

Regards 

Hi @Fabian Lim 

Thank you for your suggestion. I just try to use your suggestion and works well but need to add "Re-Fetch" before the action change approver. If not, we got blank approver field.

Thank you

1 vote
Alex Koxaras Community Leader Nov 11, 2021

Hi @Karimah Alkatiri 

In addition to what @Fabian Lim said, you could do that within the workflow, IF the assignee was set during the ticket creation. You would just add a post function to the create transition which would copy that specific field:

copy field.png

Hi @Alex Koxaras

Thank you for your suggestion. For now, my automation works well as @Fabian Lim suggests. Will try your suggestion too!

Thank you

Following 😊

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

626 views 5 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you