Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set an automatically set Approval field based on Assignee

Karimah Alkatiri November 10, 2021

I have a ticket that the assigne and approval could be set from a list of users. 

how to make the user in the approval field same as the assignee field? 

here is my screenshot for example.

My expectation will : if assigne was Farah Puti Dahayu, then the Approval IT Security will be Farah Puti Dahayu as well, not Karimah Alkatiri. vice versa.

image.png

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2021

Hi @Karimah Alkatiri

You can use jira automation where anytime the assignee is modified the approver is overwritten.

Here are some instructions: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/automation-triggers/

Trigger - issue assigned

Action - copy assignee user Id to the it approver customfield.  You will need to use a smart value to capture the username: {{issue.assignee}}

Regards 

Karimah Alkatiri November 11, 2021

Hi @Fabian Lim 

Thank you for your suggestion. I just try to use your suggestion and works well but need to add "Re-Fetch" before the action change approver. If not, we got blank approver field.

Thank you

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2021

Hi @Karimah Alkatiri 

In addition to what @Fabian Lim said, you could do that within the workflow, IF the assignee was set during the ticket creation. You would just add a post function to the create transition which would copy that specific field:

copy field.png

Karimah Alkatiri November 11, 2021

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_

Thank you for your suggestion. For now, my automation works well as @Fabian Lim suggests. Will try your suggestion too!

Thank you

0 votes
Rachael Fisher November 10, 2021

Following 😊

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events