How to set Automation "Issue commented", Then: Assign the issue to @mention user of this comment

Aco QA November 3, 2020

How to set automation assginee when @mention user of new comment.png

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2020

Hi there,

I've been trying to get this working for a little while now. I'm not seeing how something like that would be possible. You can perform Regex to select specific items out of the comment body, but I can't get it working to select the @mention specifically.

Aco QA November 3, 2020

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems 

No automatic function for issue’s comment content(@user) to change the issue assignee to this @user ?

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2020

No, there is not.

Aco QA November 3, 2020

Should be manual to change issue assignee? Not refer to issue comment adds @mention user?

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 3, 2020

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you're asking. It's easy to change the Assignee, but not to autoamtically assign it to someone that was @mentioned.

Aco QA November 3, 2020

Oh no, it is very important automation function for Jira system, can you add this?

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 3, 2020

I cannot - I don't work for Atlassian and have no control over which features they add to the Automation module.

You can raise suggestions here.

Pedro Faustino March 3, 2022

@Kian Stack Mumo Systemshave you found a solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events