Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search by reporter in the android app?

Helen Christie December 2, 2019

I've got a service desk instance in the cloud, and like to use the android app as much as possible to access it. 

Sometimes I need to search for an issue based on the reporter, but I can't seem to do this in the app. Does anyone know how?

2 answers

1 vote
Carlos Khatchikian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2019

Hey Helen,

I am the TL from Jira Mobile App and I can answer that one for you.

We don't have right now a functionality to search by reporter, but you can always create a new filter in Web and that filter will appear in your app, so you just click on it and you will have your data. 

I hope that helps ;)

Helen December 3, 2019

Thanks Carlos. That answers my question (i.e. I can't search for a particular reporter in the app).

I don't really think that using the web interface to create a new filter every time I need to search for a particular reporter is a viable option. It's far faster to just get the laptop out.

Hopefully the next iteration of the app will include more search options :)

Like Carlos Khatchikian likes this
1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2019

Hello Helen,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On the Android app it's possible to search issues by the reporter or other fields by going to Issues > Search and then selecting reporter to search for the user:

Screenshot 2019-12-03_15-31-37-395.png 

Screenshot 2019-12-03_15-31-58-032.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Helen December 3, 2019

Thanks Angélica, however your screenshots demonstrate searching for the assignee - this is not the same field as reporter, and in our workflow the reporter will not be the assignee.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to search for reporter specifically. 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
December 5, 2019

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, Helen. I read your question correctly, but then when I tested, I used the assignee instead of reporter, I'm sorry.

Indeed, there is no option to search for reporter or other fields, so based on that I created a feature request suggesting this:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates.

I saw that @Carlos Khatchikian is the assignee of the feature, so maybe he can help us with this new feature.

The workaround, for now, is the one he mentioned, by creating custom fields on the web version.

I tested here using Chrome on my Android phone and you can use the desktop version when accessing your Jira Cloud site, it's not very friendly, but you can use to create a new filter and then use it on the mobile app. 

Screenshot 2019-12-05_09-12-48-522.png

Hope this helps and I apologize for the misunderstanding again.

Helen December 5, 2019

Thanks for creating the feature request, Angélica! Hopefully we'll see that happen soon :)

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events