Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove weekends from SLA Reports

Phillip Orange January 18, 2022

I am currently attempting to display SLA Time to First Response and Time to Resolution within the reports feature without displaying "Saturday and Sunday" as we don't work those days. Is this possible? 

I saw that I can choose a custom range but only for a certain week but that does not work well when I want to put it as a dashboard widget. 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Édpo César
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

Hi, @Phillip Orange

Is the request just cosmetic or is the fulfillment SLA running even on days when you don't work?

Phillip Orange January 19, 2022

@Édpo César 

Yeah the issue is it's counting Saturday and Sunday affecting the metrics. 

Édpo César
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

Good.

So the first thing that you need to do is remove the wekeend in your SLA, after that your next reports will be heathly.

Go to:

1. Project Settings
2. SLA
3. Choose resolution SLA and observe what is the calendar used.
4. Go to calendar and remove the sarturday and sunday. 

Captura de tela 2022-01-19 101430.png

Thank you for the response and tip, I checked the calendar and both Saturday and Sunday are not checked. So will Saturday and Sunday still appear on the report even though they are not on the calendar? 

Screenshot_7.png

Édpo César
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2022

Phillip, I didn't get it.

Weren't they already unchecked or are you unchecked now?

The change only will appear in the next report automatically. 

But you can creat a JQL filter and exclude the ticket on theses days that you don't want to.

An example of this JQL filter: project = "Project name" and issuekey not in (DEV-437, DEV-436).

Yeah the days were already unchecked, I made no new changes to the calendar. I attempted to create a JQL filter but I haven't found one that really works. Thanks for you help once again. 

Édpo César
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2022

@Phillip Orange , if the days were already unchecked, and your SLA is still running on the weekend, there is something that you're missing there.

I recommend you check it out this article about de SLA and this article about JQL language.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

can you share a report? I suspect that the SLA is discounting the weekends correctly. Maybe it is simply an interpretation of the report since the weekend will still display in the report.

2022-01-19_11-45-05.jpg

Rainer Daller August 26, 2022

I have the same Issue, @Jack Brickey 

In the calendar, Sat/Sun are excluded. In the report, those are marked as 0% - So my question would be: How can I exclude non working days from the report? Otherwise the reps are useless. 

Does someone have a solution for this?

Regards

Rainecalendar.JPGweeknd.JPG

Like Andrej Grimm likes this
Erin Blomert January 6, 2023

Did anyone figure this out?  I am also having the same problem as @Rainer Daller and @Phillip Orange .  The averages are way off because it counts those 0's

Like Rainer Daller likes this
Rainer Daller January 6, 2023

Hi @Erin Blomert , sorry. No solution for this. So we do it in good old excel. 
regards Rainer 

Like Harry Schilbach likes this
Erin Blomert January 9, 2023

Sorry to hear it, thanks for the response.

I've started switching mine to week view if I need averages, but it doesn't really show the whole picture!

Philipp Schäfer January 27, 2023

I thought i had the same issue, but try including and excluding the weekends (or non work days) in the report date selection and compare the results. 

The non work days are displayed as 0% but do not count into the overall %.

Hines Trulock May 19, 2023

We are having the same issue.  

0 votes
Ian Zoontjens October 18, 2022

Hi,

I've noted that when you take the average of each day it will not line up with the report's displayed %, even if you manually filter out the weekends.

However if you take every loose ticket and calculate the average over that then it does line up with the % displayed in the report.

So while it is (to my knowledge) not possible to hide these dates on the reports, if your date range on your SLA's is set correctly you will get the right numbers.

Hopes this helps to clear a few things up.

0 votes
Andrej Grimm September 26, 2022

Hi @Édpo César 

i have the same challenge as @Rainer Daller and @Phillip Orange . is there perhaps a solution or idea here?

Best regards

Andrej 

Kateryna_v_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 22, 2023

Hi @Phillip Orange @Hines Trulock @Philipp Schäfer @Erin Blomert @Rainer Daller 

If you don't mind using third-party add-ons, consider an alternative solution – SLA Time and Report for Jira app. With the add-on, you get a continuous report taking into account only the working days of the selected calendar.

1.png2.png

Try the 30-day trial to test the app and see if this solution suits you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events