How to remove or modify "Field explain"

corobot.dev April 14, 2021

I want to remove or modify field explain as I want.

but I can't find where I can modify.

It seems system default Field

이미지 040.png이미지 041.png

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

@corobot.dev -

Hi there:

You can add custom help-text in your project's field configuration scheme.  If it is a system field, then you can only add your help-text (which will be display under the existing text).

In JSM project, you can also add help-text by accessing your Request Form, so those custom texts will be display in the Portal.  (In this case, you will not have to modify your project's field configuration scheme).

If you want to change your project's field configuration scheme, you will need to have Jira admin right.  On the other hand, if you want to change the Request Form, then you only need to have project's administrators right.

Last note on project's field configuration scheme, you will need to identify the field(s) used in your Request Form first (since the display field name can be customized in the Request Form, but the actual field is named differently), then modify your project's field configuration scheme accordingly.  Furthermore, make sure the project's field configuration scheme is not being shared by other projects, because I am assuming the changes that you want to achieve is only for one specific project.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS