Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover email when email handler rejects incoming email?

Tuvia Alon December 3, 2019

When I check the email handler log, I see that a specific email from a customer has a `Failed` status.  This email obviously does not create a ticket.  However, once I resolve the problem that caused the email to Fail, is there any way to recover the email and create a ticket from it?

Similarly, is there any way to receive notification that the email handler rejects an email, for whatever reason?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2019

Hello Tuvia,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When using the email address created by Jira, if it fails to create a ticket, it won’t be read again. The mailbox is not accessible, so we can’t flag the email as unread for Jira to read it again and create the ticket.

Also, currently, it doesn’t generate a notification. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

The workaround, in this case, is to use a custom email address, where you could access the mailbox to check the emails that failed to create tickets.

Regards,
Angélica

Tuvia Alon December 5, 2019

Thanks Angelica!

We actually use a custom email account, rather than the default Atlassian email account.  Once we identify emails that failed, what do we need to do to resubmit the failed emails from our custom email account?

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Tuvia Alon December 9, 2019

The way to resend an email that was rejected from a custom email account is to log into the custom email account and mark the email as "unread".  The Jira mail handler will see the unread email from the custom email account and reprocess.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events