Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to populate pre-filled description in Jira Service desk with or with out using script runner

Durga prasad panda August 8, 2019

hi,

I checked the document but could not find about pre-populating description in service desk portal for a single issue type.

We want to show users one template in the description field to fill out while using a service desk portal. But I am not sure how to achieve this. We want this for a single issue type of this project.

1 answer

0 votes
Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2019

Hi @Durga prasad panda ,

So you need to head over to Custom fields and create a new custom field.

You then hit configure on the field and then edit default value. 

Enter the default value you want to use and then save.

Add this custom field to the issue type you want to use and the right screens.

Then expose the issue type as the request type you want to surface on the portal.

Everything should work just fine.

Let me know how you do.

Cheers,

Radu

Durga prasad panda August 9, 2019

Can we show it in the Description field? I do not want to use a separate custom field for it

Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2019

I don't think so, because it's a system field you don't get the same level of editability.

Additionaly if you'd go down that path, all descriptions in your Jira products ( Jira Software & Service Desk) would share the same text and unless you'd be using only JSD you'd probably dislike that.

Michael Ilewicz November 29, 2021

I know I am late but you could use a post function in your workflow that copies the value of the custom field to your description field

Like Tomáš Vojvoda likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events