Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to mark comments as "relevant"

akunnari October 26, 2020

Hello,

I am going to export my Jira-Tickets into our companys own ERP-System.

We sometimes need input from our customers on certain issues, that they are to communicate using the jira service desk helpdesk. Now I would like to simplify the process of extracting only the relevant comments from an issue for my interface to process.

My initial idea was to make our agents edit the comments, which are relevant with a certain tag, which the interface can recognize, then extract the comment and then change the tag to avoid duplicate extraction of a comment.

This is OBVIOUSLY a super dumb technique, which I do NOT want to use. But I haven't been able to find anything better so far...

Does anyone know of an addon, which would allow for the addition of a checkbox in the commentfield, which would set a Tag in the data of the issue, so that I could extract the comment via REST, without having to search through all the text of the comments?

I hope I was able to explain what I am trying to do and I hope someone knows of a nicer solution.

Best regards!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2020

whatever approach you take will be tedious as the agents will have to go thru every ticket and every comment. my recommendation would be to export all tickets, all fields and delete all 'non-relevant' comments using excel. Yikes! 😳 

akunnari October 27, 2020

Only the tickets, which are in a certain status, which marks the customer as responsible aka "Waiting for customer" need to be checked, so the agents wouldn't really have to go through all the tickets. And this is not usually a big amount at once. It might have to come to our agents manually transferring the information into the ERP-System, but I'd rather have a workaround

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events