How to make translations visible?

Pi Network Support October 23, 2020

Customers only see the English version, when I have enabled enable a translation as you see in the screenshot. Is there another setting I need to change?

Screenshot (775).png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2020

Users need to select their language preference.  That can be don by following these steps. https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/edit-your-user-settings/

Pi Network Support October 28, 2020

Does a user need to create an account and sign into the account in order to have the ability to select their language preference? 

We have made the Customer Portal, Request Forms, and Wiki/Confluence pages publicly visible, so they do not need to create an account or sign in to view our pages. Is it possible for customers to get language support without requiring them to create an account or sign in?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2020

If Confluence is setup publicly it will display the language that you setup as the default.  In order to make different language options available on a public space you would need to us an App like Lango. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222713/lango-language-and-translation-manager?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Pi Network Support November 4, 2020

At a closer review of this language translation manager add-on, it's not clear that it will resolve the issue we face with the Jira Service Help Desk Customer Portal. This particular add-on can help manage the Knowledge Base documentation, which is still a good feature. Ideally, I seek a language translation manager add-on that can work for both the Help Desk Customer Portal and the Knowledge Base.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2020

I am not positive if it works for both.  I would suggest testing it or reaching out to the app owner.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events